- Martin Krpan, a hero and a horse owner
This time I am going to tell you another story about Martin Krpan. He’s one of Slovenia’s popular literature heroes who made his living by smuggling salt. But being a man of many talents he did all kinds of work and due to this he ran into many problems with the authorities.
And the story goes like this…
- What is a Lipizzaner anyway?
So the Emperor had recognized the breed…it was a Lipizzaner horse. The most beautiful breed in the monarchy and bred for the royal family. How was it possible that a simple man as Krpan could get hold of such a beauty?
- Breeding of Lipizzan horses
While the Emperor was wondering about how Krpan could afford such a horse, he imagined the most beautiful horses of this breed he had seen at the Vienna Court Riding School…
- Activities at Lipica Stud farm
So, thinking about his Lipizzaner horses, the Emperor was wondering if horse breeding was the only activity the stud farm was occupied with…there was a rumour that something else was going on, though he couldn’t remember what he had heard. But he was eager to find out…
- Konec zgodbeTako je cesar premišljeval o Lipicancih in o Krpanu…in zakaj se sploh ubada s tem. Navsezadnje je bil Krpan eden izmed njegovih podanikov in delaven možakar. Zakaj ne bi imel lepotca Lipicanca? Če si kdo zasluži, je to bil on. In tako se je zgodba dobro končala za Krpana, ki je s svojim konjem nadaljeval svoj posel.